Sunday, June 4, 2023

IC Friendly Marinade


I needed a tasty IC friendly marinade, and this is what I came up with. The magic ingredient is coconut aminos which is found in many stores and some even have store brands. Coconut aminos is a dark-colored sauce that tastes similar to soy sauce. Instead of being made from soy sauce (which is a no-no if you have IC), coconut aminos comes from the sap of the coconut plant — not coconuts. After extraction, the sap gets stored and ages. During this time, it ferments due to the natural sugars present within it. Coconut aminos tastes similar to soy sauce, with a salty umami flavor. But coconut aminos also has a touch of sweetness not present in soy sauce. It does not, however, taste like coconut.




Marinade

Ingredients:

¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons coconut aminos (if tolerated and check for problem ingredients)
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried rosemary


Directions:

Mix ingredients and pour over meat. Marinate overnight or at least 4 hours. Bring to room temperature before cooking.



2 comments:

  1. I'm newly diagnosed with IC and PFD. Along with diverticulitis flare, I've been starving and have lost 20 lbs in 2 months. Thank you, Amazing Grace! I'm excited to try this marinade and other recipes. Bless you and thanks so much for the research and work in these additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just Kai- I hope these recipes work out for you. I used to weigh 118 pounds (I'm 5 feet 7 inches tall) and got down to 108 when I was first diagnosed. I finally found some foods that I could tolerate and gained the weight back. Good luck! Please keep us posted. ((hugs))

      Delete