After being diagnosed with IC (interstitial cystitis), finding something to eat that I enjoy is becoming quite an ordeal. Everyone says, “just adjust your recipes”, but that can be easier said than done. Hence, I shall post recipes that are IC friendly, that have been adapted or have been found online to share with others. I hope you like the recipes as much as I do. :)
Thursday, February 6, 2025
Creamy Macaroni & Broccoli Salad
Here’s a lovely bladder friendly cold macaroni salad from author Julie Beyer RD, author of Confident Choices: A Cookbook for IC and OAB! Don’t forget that you can use your choice of macaroni: wheat, corn, quinoa, rice and so forth! From icdietproject.com .
Creamy Macaroni & Broccoli Salad
Ingredients:
4 cups cooked macaroni
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup coarsely chopped broccoli
1/2 cup diced red peppers
1/2 cup diced carrots
Ingredients for Dressing:
1/2 skim evaporated milk
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons cream cheese (with bladder friendly ingredients)
1 tablespoons feta cheese
Directions:
Toss together macaroni and vegetables; set aside.
In a small saucepan, mix together second set of ingredients. Heat until thickened. Cool completely. Add the macaroni mixture. Serve chilled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Has anyone tried the Quinoa pasta? I haven’t tried it, but I tried the wheat and low carb pastas several times and have had little luck making it so it’s palatable. Mine comes out gummy each time. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?
ReplyDeleteAnn I have never tried Quinoa pasta. Google says to cook fluffy, perfect quinoa every time, use a ratio of 1 cup of rinsed quinoa to 1.75 to 2 cups of water and simmer for 15 minutes. Here is a video that might help- https://youtube.com/shorts/tTh05ArqF98?si=t5l2xJy85XvBMIlI
ReplyDeleteThank you Ms Grace.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome! :)
ReplyDelete