Monday, March 11, 2019

Creamy Sweet Corn with Okra


A bit of cream and a few crumbles of bacon lightly coat these delightful veggies the whole family will love. From tasteofhome.com.




Creamy Sweet Corn with Okra


Ingredients:

1 small onion, chopped (if tolerated)
2 tablespoons butter
1 garlic clove, minced
3 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 cup frozen sliced okra, thawed
1/4 cup half-and-half cream
2 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, chopped (if tolerated)
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper (if tolerated)


Directions:

In a large skillet, sauté onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through.


3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I’m going to give it ax try this week.

    I love your page and the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious and I can’t wait to try it this week; now especially that fresh corn is in season.

    I love your blog. Thanks for all the recipes. Do you still share recipes? I would love to find someone interested in swapping IC Friendly recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! This will be my first time trying it with okra. I’m a southern girl so I love okra. I love your page and hope to see you posting again soon.

    ReplyDelete