Sunday, March 12, 2017

Homemade Adobo Seasoning Without Pepper


One might ask what is Adobo seasoning? It is a Hispanic seasoning used in Mexican and Puerto Rican dishes, plus others. Most have ingredients that are major no-nos for people with IC, but here is a recipe that is IC friendly that you can enjoy. From icrecipesandtips.blogspot.com.




Homemade Adobo Seasoning Without Pepper

Ingredients:

1 cup sea salt
1/2 cup garlic granules
1/3 cup ground oregano*
1 1/2 tablespoons turmeric (if tolerated)

Mix well in a bowl and store in a tightly covered container. Use in recipes calling for seasoning salt or Adobo seasoning. This makes about 2 cups of Adobo Seasoning Without Pepper.

*Note: I couldn't find any ground oregano in my local store, so I bought whole oregano and ground it myself in my blender. About 1/2 cup whole oregano ground down to 1/3 cup ground oregano.



2 comments:

  1. I used this seasoning in a cheese sauce to dip corn chips in and it was really good. Will be blogging about it on my blog, Dining with IC in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you liked it and used it in a recipe! Can I list your blog on this one under the tab *IC Recipe Blogs?

    ReplyDelete